Global Asbestos Awareness Week (GAAW) is dedicated to educating people about their asbestos risk and how to manage it in order to prevent asbestos-caused diseases. When it comes to asbestos, knowledge truly is power and this week is about empowering and equipping people to protect themselves.
As you might be aware, The Education & Skills Funding Agency will be asking all MATs and SATs to provide detailed information about the awareness and management of asbestos in their academies. Take a couple of minutes to think about how easily you would be able to answer and provide evidence to the following questions:
• Who in your organisation has read the department’s guidance on Asbestos Management in Schools?
• Did you commission a management survey to highlight the location of Asbestos-containing Materials?
• Do you have an asbestos management plan for your school?
• Have you assessed the potential risk from Asbestos-containing Materials for your school estate?
• Do you regularly review how to manage the risks from any Asbestos-containing Materials for your school? When did you last conduct a review?
• Are precautions in place to ensure anyone who may disturb Asbestos-containing Materials is provided with information about any asbestos present?
• What training have your in-house school staff completed? Can you prove this?
Take a look at this handy guide provided by The Education & Skills Funding Agency, which provides advice on how to responsibly manage asbestos in your school.
Every provides a range of products and services that will not only help you prepare for, but also demonstrate your compliance.
• Assign asbestos awareness e-Learning courses to staff members
• Manage asbestos surveys with the activities system
• Log asbestos related issues and keep on top of progress
• Distribute risk assessments and management plans to staff for reading and acknowledging
• Our risk management module allows you to analyse the risk associated with asbestos and identify measures to reduce this
Why not call us on 08456 80 70 32 to speak to a member of the Every Team to discuss the best solution for your organisation.
Alternatively, click the link below to arrange for your area manager to visit you to discuss how our systems can help you.